Financing & Insurance
- Ag Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Interest Rate Programs
- Rural Property Investment
- Equipment financing
- Crop and Livestock Insurance
- When to insure your crops
- Fisheries Financing
- Forest Products Financing
- Lines of Credit
- Rural Residential Financing
- Interest Rate and Loan Terms
- Bare Land Loans
- Country Home Loans
- Country Home Loan vs. Conventional Loan
- One-Step Construction Loans
- Land Buying Checklist
- Programs for Young, Beginning and Small Producers
- Property Appraisals
- Agriculture Industries
- Financial Management and Business Planning
- About Business Resources
- Family Business
- Succession Planning Videos
- Talk to a Consultant
- Family Business Resources
- Events & Registration
- e-Learning Courses
- Business Planning
- Risk Management Planning
- Strategic Business Planning
- How Lending Decisions Are Made
- Preparing Agricultural Financial Statements
- Financing Agriculture: The Business Borrower-Lender Relationship
- Land Buying Checklist
- Financial Tools
- Alternative Payment Frequency Calculator
- Mortgage Refinance Breakeven Calculator
- Retirement Planner Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Online Security & Fraud
- Technology, Security Articles
- Branch Locations
- Holiday Schedule
- Contact Us
- Yields Magazine
- The Company
- Purpose & Values
- Local Advisors
- Farm Credit System
- Management Executive Committee
- Patronage Program
- Financial Reports
- Company FAQs
- Mineral Assets
- Public Policy
- Privacy, Security & Whistleblowing
- Conditions of Use
- Equal Opportunity Lender, Provider & Employer
- Online Usage Agreement
- Site Map
- Social Channels
Customer Scholarship FAQs
On This Page
Commonly Asked Customer Scholarship Questions
Q: Can I send my application, transcript or essay to you instead of using the online method?
A: No. Applicants must submit all materials online at northwestfcs.com. If you do not have the capabilities to scan your information or save it as a document to attach, you can take your documents to a copy shop, your school, or to a Northwest FCS branch to scan the documents and save them as a PDF file, and then attach them to the online application.
Q: I am a Northwest FCS customer. Can my grandchild apply?
A: No. Only children of Northwest FCS customers or employees of Northwest FCS customers may apply.
Q: I am attending college out of state. Am I still eligible?
A: Yes. Students can attend any accredited college or university in any state.
Q: Do I need to study or intend to study an agriculture-related subject to apply for a scholarship?
A: No. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you are encouraged to apply for a Northwest FCS scholarship regardless of what you intend to or are studying.
Q: What if the branch my parents do business with is not in the same town where my high school is located?
A: Applications will be judged with other applicants based on the branch the students' parents do business with.